One of the issues that I ran on in 2017 was improving veteran’s services in Garland. I’m proud to say that over the past 3-4 years, Garland is taking meaningful steps to serve the men and women that have served us so honorably:
- A new VA Hospital will open in the coming year at the old Baylor Hospital location on Shiloh (eta deal close date, 1/20/2020)
- The “Traveling Wall” will be on display Feb 27-Mar 1st at Audubon Park.
- Improvements have been completed on the Carver Center in east Garland
- Improvements will begin on the Garland Senior Center in downtown Garland
- The Life Message Veteran’s Resource and Outreach Center opened just across the Hwy 66 bridge in Rowlett in March of 2019
- The City Council’s Community Services Committee is considering implementation of the USICH’s plan to end Veteran Homelessness in Garland
- The Vietnam monument at Central Park was relocated to rest beside our monuments of other wars at the Memorial Garden in Downtown.