On Thursday, March 28, 2019 the NAACP invited candidates from both the City of Garland City Council / Mayoral and the Garland ISD Board of Trustees races to participate in their annual candidate forum. The forum was held at the Garland Women’s Activity Building in downtown.
Videos are below in the order in which events took place.
- Call to Order
- Rules, Format, Intro
- COG – Mayor – Scott LeMay (unopposed)
- COG – District 7 – Dylan Hedrick (unopposed)
- COG – District 8 – Robert John Smith (unopposed)
- COG – District 3 – Jerry Nickerson (Incumbent), Stephen Stanley
- GISD – Place 3 – Linda Griffin (Incumbent), Bob Duckworth
- GISD – Place 2 – Johnny Beach (Unopposed)
- COG – District 6 – Patrick Abell, Robert Vera (Incumbent, not present)
My thanks go out to the NAACP for hosting us, and for continuing to be active in the community.
Video was recorded with permission of the Garland NAACP Unit #6256